Cortland Figure Skating Club's SOARing Stars Program 2018-2019 INFORMATION
SOARing Stars is a program designed to help skaters "bridge" the transition between our Learn to Skate program and full CFSC membership.
It gets skaters started on Club ice.
Opportunities to perform and compete
Accelerated goal attainment
DAYS & TIMES
Sundays 1 - 2 pm - Private Ice time for SS only
Mondays 5:45 - 6:45 pm (first hour of Club ice)
Saturdays 10:15am-11:15 am (first hour of Club ice)
The first session starts on Sunday, October 7
Registration is through the JM McDonald Sports Complex. Click Here to go to their site to register.
The cost for the Soaring Stars Program is just a bit more than Learn to Skate, but SOARing Stars get more days of skating and other benefits not available to Learn to Skate Program Skaters. Ice Membership is paid through JM McDonald Sports Complex.
- Ice time
- A 30-minute group lesson each Sundays from 1-2 pm
SOARing Stars skaters are also encouraged to have additional private lessons. The additional cost of individual coaching (private lessons) is paid directly to the skater's coach. Working directly with your skater's coach allows you to have private lessons that will provide your child with more individualized attention to help her/him achieve various skill levels and skating goals. Lessons are typically 15 - 30 minutes each week and our coaches' rates typically range from $12-$18 for each 15-minute lesson. You and your skater would pick a coach from our CFSC Professionals not every coach is at the rink every night, so you will need to work out scheduling with your skater's coach.
BENEFITS OF CFSC SOARing STARS PROGRAM MEMBERSHIP
- On-Ice instruction from a CFSC Pro
- Membership in both the Cortland Figure Skating Club and the US Figure Skating Association
- Opportunity to earn badges
- Subscription to SKATING Magazine
- Eligibility to test, compete and exhibit in US Figure Skating Association sanctioned events
- Voting Privilege (if under 18: 1 vote per family)
- Option to begin or continue private instruction
QUESTIONS? PLEASE ASK US! CONTACT - KRISTIN SLAVICK firstname.lastname@example.org